Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stacks of books on my dresser topple and fall. "Silver Refined" catches my eye, and upon cracking it open, I cringe as my eyes drink in the opening lines. I whisper, "Lord, why does REFINING have to be so painful. I don't know if I want to be refined . . ."

Kay Arthur knows from a painful past the agony of being refined. Melted and poured out, Kay's horrific personal experiences (which came as an utter surprise to me) have molded her into one of the most godly women teachers of the Bible. Stories of God's work in her life, as well in the lives of her friends serve to demonstrate that God is a God to be trusted. And the pain the accompanies trials lifts our faces to a God who HEALS.

I definitely ate this book up -- 4 stars for this excellent resource for people going through difficult times in their lives.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books for reviewing-- which in no way influenced my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment